Collegium Program Overview
Collegium Lead Teacher
Collegium Staff 2018-19
Mrs. Pinkowski, Ms. Chamberlain, Ms. Sline, Mrs. Hoag, Ms. Wealton, Mr. Knibbe, Ms. Mattes,
Mrs. Welhouse (2nd semester only), Mr. Mottl (2nd semester only)
Collegium is a key program at The Madeleine Choir School. Our collegium students serve to enhance the life of the Cathedral of the Madeleine and our school community. Students in collegium are the face of our school community often serving as lectors, ushers and altar servers. The word collegium means association. This important association between collegium and choir strengthen our community.
Throughout the school year, collegium students will engage in learning opportunities grounded in science, technology, engineering, arts, math and music (STEAM2) and community service.
Collegium students will...
- Provide service and support to our local community
- Apply Catholic social teaching to current issues in civic and international affairs
- Engage in meaningful investigations in science, math and engineering
- Discover ways to enhance learning with the use of technology tools
- Demonstrate understanding of skills in multiple areas in the field of fine arts
Service to the Cathedral
Collegium students serve as altar servers for weekday (M-Th) and Sunday masses at the Cathedral. This is a required component of the program. The serving schedule will be created at the beginning of each school year. Requests for preferred days will be taken into consideration. However, accommodating the various requests is not always possible and we appreciate your flexibility and dedication.
Upcoming Courses to look forward to...
- Photography and Yearbook
- Student Newspaper
- Marketing/Web Design
- Public Speaking and Debate