The Madeleine Choir Extended Care Program (MCEC)
The Madeleine Choir School Extended Care Program (MCSEC)
The Extended Care Program, which opened in August 2003, is an extension of the school day for children in Pre-K through Eighth grade. MCSEC serves only children enrolled at the Madeleine Choir School and operates only when school is in session.
MCSEC provides individual care and attention, supervision, outside recreation, and enrichment activities that include; creative arts, sensory exploration, building, board games, dramatic play, and endless opportunities for the children use their imagination and creativity The open-ended schedule allows children to choose to create and play inside, play outdoors, and complete their homework. Snack is provided at 3:30pm. The children may also bring additional snack if desired. MCSEC is “technology free”, therefore cell phones, I-Pods, video games etc. will remain in the child’s backpack.
The child’s safety and well-being are most important; therefore parents MUST fill out the Emergency Form and adhere to the following regulations:
- Parents/Guardians must sign their child out on the computer before leaving with their child.
- Parents/Guardians should not send people whose names are not on the Emergency Form to ask for release of the child. For the child’s safety, release will not be granted.
- Children who have not been picked up by 3:45 pm will be sent to Extended Care. The parent will need to sign the child out and fill out an Emergency Form.
Expectations of the Children’s Behavior
- As a member of a Christian and caring community, the children will be expected to respect the staff, each other, the property, and the environment provided.
- Children must never leave the building or grounds without explicit permission from the Extended Care Staff. Such permission will only be granted by the order of the Parent/Guardian.
- Children should bring all necessary supplies and belongings from school at the time of dismissal. Students will not be allowed to return to school building after 3:45 pm.
- School rules and expectations of behavior also apply at Extended Care.
- Children may work on homework at Extended. It is the child’s responsibility to acknowledge his/her assignments. The Staff has no way of knowing what homework, if any, has been assigned to each child.
“We can do no great things – only small things with great love.”
- Mother Teresa