For students applying to Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 8, three steps are needed in order to complete the application process: Tour, Application, and Evaluation of applicant's readiness for the Choir School program (for Grades K-8 this will also include a vocal evaluation).
- Submit online Application
- $35.00 non-refundable Application Fee
- Copy of applicant's Birth Certificate
- Current Immunization Record - Please see link below for requirements.
- Recent Photo of applicant
- Parent Guardian Questionnaire - Accessible through the online application checklist.
- Recommendation Form(s) (if applicable) - Accessible through the online application checklist.
- Recent Report Card and Standardized Testing Results (if applicable)
- Copy of Baptismal Record (if Catholic) - Not required for Non-Catholic applicants.
Once the application has been received and is complete, you will be contacted by the Admissions Office to schedule a time for your child to come in for a Shadow Day or Pre-K Visit. Prospective students for Kindergarten-8th grade will also have an academic and vocal assessment. Members of The Madeleine Choir School staff will administer all portions of the evaluation.
*Due to COVID-19 restrictions we will not be able to have Shadow Days at this time. Parents of prospective Pre-K and kindergarten students will be able to sign up for a Saturday evaluation through the application checklist.
Applicants will be evaluated as a group (or individually if necessary) for social, emotional and academic readiness as determined by members of the Choir School staff. During this time, parents will meet with Choir School administration.
For Kindergarten - Grade 8:
Applicants will be assessed on concepts that may include phonemic awareness, reading readiness or proficiency, math concepts, and writing skills.
Applicants will meet with a member of our music staff to gauge the child's present tone quality, pitch perception and listening skills. (not required for Pre-K)