For students applying to Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 8, three steps are needed in order to complete the application process: Tour, Application, and Evaluation of applicant's readiness for the Choir School program (for Grades K-8 this will also include a vocal evaluation).
We offer many opportunities for prospective parents to visit our campus and learn more about the Choir School's distinctive environment and rich curriculum. You may schedule a personal tour by contacting our admissions office. Safe-distancing tours are conducted Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays between 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE 2021: Thursday, November 11, 2021, 6:30 p.m.- 8:00 p.m. RSVP HERE!
The following items must be received prior to your student's application being considered complete and to receive your child's admission status. Please remember that applicants applying to our Preschool, Pre-Kindergarten, and Kindergarten programs must be 3,4, or 5 years of age, respectively, by September 1, 2022, for the current academic year and by September 1, 2022, for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Submit an online Application (each applicant must have their own application)
- $45.00 non-refundable Application Fee
- Copy of applicant's Birth Certificate
- Current Immunization Record - Please see the link below for requirements.
- Recent Photo of applicant
- Parent Guardian Questionnaire - Accessible through the online application checklist.
- Teacher Recommendation Form(s) (if applicable) - Accessible through the online application checklist.
- Recent Report Card and Standardized Testing Results (if applicable)
- Copy of Baptismal Record (if Catholic) - Not required for Non-Catholic applicants.
- Tour of Campus
- Pre-K Visit (Pre-K 3 and Pre-K 4), Kindergarten Assessment, or Shadow Day (1st-8th Grade)
- Copy of IEP, 504, or any other accommodation (if applicable)
Once the application has been received and is complete, you will be contacted by the Admissions Office to schedule a time for your child to come in for a Pre-K Visit, Assessment, or Shadow Day. Prospective students coming for a Shadow Day (1st-8th Grade) will also have an academic and vocal assessment when they spend the day with us. Members of The Madeleine Choir School staff will administer all portions of the evaluation.
Applicants will be evaluated as a group (or individually if necessary) for social, emotional and academic readiness as determined by members of the Choir School staff. During this time, parents will meet with Choir School administration.
For Kindergarten - Grade 8:
Applicants will be assessed on concepts that may include phonemic awareness, reading readiness or proficiency, math concepts, and writing skills.
Applicants will meet with a member of our music staff to gauge the child's present tone quality, pitch perception and listening skills. (not required for Pre-K)