Bishop Oscar Solis, after consultation with senior staff and government agencies, has determined that all Catholic Churches, Missions, Schools and Religious Education Programs will be closed from Saturday 14 March through Tuesday 30 April, or until further notice. All Worship Services, Events, Meetings and Classes are suspended for the duration of this period. These measures are being put in place to protect all vulnerable individuals as the Covid-19 virus begins to impact Utah.
We have attached a letter from Mr. Mark Longe, Superintendent of Catholic Schools for the Diocese of Salt Lake City.
Here follows important information for your immediate attention:
- The Choir School Faculty and Staff will continue to work throughout this period in service to our young people. Do not hesitate to contact us for further assistance.
- Faculty and Staff will meet tomorrow to begin the process of preparing remote at-home learning programs for our students during this period of closure. Detailed information will be forthcoming in the next days.
- Families may retrieve school textbooks, supplies, personal items and any other necessities from the school tomorrow (Friday) from 9:30 am – 6:00 pm, and again on Monday from 8:00 am – 6:00 pm. We will announce further office hours in the coming days.
- If your student does not have access to a computer at home, you may check out a computer during the hours indicated above. If Internet Access presents a difficulty, please communicate this with your teacher as soon as possible and we will work to find an alternate means to continue your student’s classroom work.
- Our Operations Staff will be conducting a deep cleaning of our facilities during this period of closure.
- All Chorister Services at the Cathedral are suspended, and the Founders Day Concert and Performance Tour for Sts. Hildegard-Nicholas-Therese Choristers are cancelled. The Utah Symphony has cancelled the performances of Carmina Burana.
Finally, we invite you to join our Holy Father Pope Francis invoking the prayers of our Blessed Mother in this time of need, especially for our health care workers and for all who have contracted the virus.
you always shine on our path
as a sign of salvation and of hope.
We entrust ourselves to you, Health of the Sick,
who at the cross took part in Jesus' pain, keeping your faith firm.
You, Comfort of the Afflicted,
know what we need,
and we are sure you will provide
so that, as in Cana of Galilee,
we may return to joy and to feasting
after this time of trial.
Help us, Mother of Divine Love,
to conform to the will of the Father
and to do as we are told by Jesus,
who has taken upon himself our sufferings
and carried our sorrows
to lead us, through the cross,
to the joy of the resurrection. Amen.
There are many more details to communicate with you, and this information will be forthcoming.
Thank you for your patience and support during this difficult time, and do not hesitate to contact us for further information.